Aug 20, 2010

Studs and Spikes

Recently a lot of designers have been popping out shoes, bags, and clothing studded and spiked to my little heart's content. I of course, cannot afford such an expense. Thats where my master diy skills come into play.

Feast your eyes on these kick ass beauties though:

        Exhibit A: Louboutin and Rodarte                                  
  

 Exhibit B: "The porcupine"
 Louise Goldin for TopShop


Exhibit C: "The Stegosaurus Tail Spike heel"                  


  Exhibit D: "The Balsac Jaws of death heel"                             
   ...Better known as the ultimate metal heels  
           




I just bought myself a 40 pack of spikes on ebay and have a couple of english cone studs that i'll be using on this little project as well. Still debating on silver or black for the actual shoe though.

Upon my recent obsession for all things spiked  I quite honestly wish acquire some super large spikes. Mind you, not any kind of large spike, im thinking hurtyourself-immakillyou 8 inch spikes. (Which by the way i did find online here.) I want to put those babies on the shoulders of my jacket and trot around like bowser. Yep, I want to be the jackass at the show that scrapes all the assholes in the pit "Oops, was that your face? Sorry about that."

My google searching for spiked heels and placement inspiration also yielded a really nice tutorial that was posted on outsapop.com a while back. Check it out here


3 comments:

Mrs. Gamble said...

really cute blog... i'm loving it. feel free to stop by and visit at
http://wwww.courtnesopinion.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I love this post, im currently looking for spikes & gems to spice up my shoes & outfits too, do u have any recommended sites? I find many I am planning to order from arn't enough to cover a shoe let alone two. xXx

Steph said...

I realize my reply is about a year late... my apologies!
but studsandspikes.com or crustpunks.com have great offers
You can also look at punkmart if you have a LiveJournal account, I vaguely remember getting a bunch at a really good price from a seller there.

Blogging tips